A Tribute to Paul Dutton, March 2014. Readings and performances of Dutton works or works inspired by them. (Poetry. Music)
Calgary Spoken Word Festival, 2011 (Reading performance) (Poetry)
Words Aloud 6, 2009 (Reading performance) (Poetry)
eVOCative Festival, 2008 (Reading performance) (Poetry)
NOTE: At the time of writing, this video runs best on Firefox and Safari, with a slow load on Opera for Macs, and not at all on Chrome.
“Imp’s Rove #79” Medellin International Poetry Festival, 1999 (Music. Poetry)
“Imp’s Rove #104” L’Archiduc, Brussels, March 2012 (Music)
“Expert Advice” Logos Foundation, Ghent, March 2012 (Poem)
“Antilyric KGB” Logos Foundation, Ghent, March 2012 (Music)
Duet with Maja Jantar, Logos Foundation, March 2012 (Music)
Duet with Patrice Soletti, Paris, 2014 (Music)
CCMC concert excerpt (l-r: Kamevaar, Dutton, Oswald), Toronto, 2014 (Music)
CCMC concert excerpt (l-r: Snow, Kamevaar, Dutton, Oswald), Toronto, 2013 (Music)
Mouth Pieces (CD) and selected other audio (Poetry. Music)
The Four Horsemen (Rafael Barreto-Rivera, Paul Dutton, bpNichol, Steve McCaffery): Live in the West, Two Nights, and excerpts from Canadada (LP, Audiocassette, LP) (Poetry)
NOTE: Page contains an error. Where it has “From CANADA …” it should have “From Nada Canadada (aka Canadada …)”
The Four Horsemen: Live in the West, Two Nights, and Canadada (LP, Audiocassette, LP) (Poetry)
Paul Dutton & Keir Neuringer: “Systole” (Music)
Paul Dutton & Joe Sorbara: “Mawcussion” (Music)
CCMC concert (Dutton, Michael Snow, John Oswald, John Kamevaar), plus guests, Toronto, 2015 (Music)
The Plastic Typewriter (Visual Poetry e-book)
“Dooley Did,” “Should’ve,” and “Visionary Portraits, One” (Poems)
NOTE: Try to Ignore the left-hand column with line numbers.
Seven visual poems at Unlikely Stories (Online Poetry Magazine)
NOTE: Scroll down for English original of Spanish translation.
“A Sound Bursts Out of Me: An Interview with Paul Dutton” by W. Mark Sutherland
“Towards the Ineffable: A Conversation with Paul Dutton” by Jay Somerset
————GENERAL SOURCE MATERIAL: VISUAL POETRY————
• The New Concrete: Visual Poetry in the 21st Century, Edited by Victoria Bean and Chris McCabe, Essay by Kenneth Goldsmith, London: Hayward Publishing
• An Anthology of Concrete Poetry, ed. Emmett Williams, New York: Primary Information Press, 2013 (a reissue of the 1967 edition).
• The Last Vispo Anthology: Visual Poetry 1998-2008, Edited by Crag Hill and Nico Vassilakis, Seattle: Fantagraphics Books, 2012. View entire contents in the online PDF.
• A rich online resource for visual poetry is at UbuWeb.
• !Languageye: (close *)^ in Jacket2, commentary by Gary Barwin.
NOTE: The page, which is part of the Jacket2 site, offers the latest post and in the right-hand column contains a brief introduction to the series of articles and gives titles of and links to all the posts in it.
Available from select libraries:
• Concrete Poetry: A World View, ed. Mary Ellen Solt, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1970
• Pattern Poetry: Guide to an Unknown Literature, by Dick Higgins. Albany, N.Y.: State University of New York Press, 1987. A comprehensive commentated survey of pattern poems (visuals) from ancient Greece to the present day, it is also available in part here or purchasable as a Google eBook
————GENERAL SOURCE MATERIAL: SOUND POETRY————
Available from select libraries:
• Book and CD, Homo Sonorus: An International Anthology of Sound Poetry, ed. Dmitry Bulatov, Kaliningrad: National Center for Contemporary Art, 2001. May be found in select libraries and can be sampled online, with an introductory text and links to two audio pages, “Homo Sonorus #1” and “Homo Sonorus #2.”
• CD Carnivocal: An Anthology of Canadian Sound Poetry, eds. Douglas Barbour and Stephen Scobie, Red Deer: Red Deer Press, 1999. May be available from select libraries.
• Sound Poetry: A Catalogue, eds. Steve McCaffery and bpNichol, Toronto: Underwhich Editions, 1978, offers a selective overview of the field at that time.